B2B Direct Sales (Retail)
Companies today have to work hard to retain existing customers while constantly finding new ones. Our B2B direct sales services aid in this process, resulting in sales growth, process improvement and increased customer satisfaction.
For example, a major retailer for consumer clothing enlisted us to manage the order solicitation and order processing for its licensed products including children’s wear, socks, gloves, belts and accessories. Instead of using its own people to work with licensed manufacturers, the client decided to outsource these administrative and contact center activities to us to maintain a high level of customer service and coordinate the additional sales requirements resulting from licensing.
During this project, we were responsible for the sales effort to 6,600+ client accounts. To support this endeavor, we provided personnel, IT systems, physical infrastructure (offices, desks, computers, phones), dedicated toll-free numbers and websites for this program. Personnel acted as customer service representatives who proactively contacted accounts to make sales, fulfilled catalogs and promotional literature, and provided any other information customers required. Communication took place via inbound and outbound phone, email and fax. In addition, our representatives attended client trade shows to personally meet with customers.
General objectives of this effort included the following:
- Track sales and link to contact frequency targets and customer service efforts
- Management of 4,200+ retail accounts representing 12,000+ retail locations
- Relationship management with 6,600+ apparel buyers
- Product information and promotional material tracking to determine acceptance
The success of this endeavor resulted in the retailer’s decision to license additional products, thereby expanding our role in managing this operation.
Our team’s results:
- Brought in approximately 45% of the total business for the children’s clothing brand
- Added a new licensee, for which we achieved exceptional first-season sales
- Grew sales by 22% in year 1
- Opened 195 new accounts in first five months of year 2
“As a buyer of 21 stores, it’s nice to have a single point of contact instead of four sales reps. I just wouldn’t have time for that many representatives.”
“It’s satisfying to know that someone will always pick up the phone. I don’t have to wait for a call back.”
“Your team really knows how to sell. I called in with a customer service issue and your representative convinced me to buy more products.”